- Conducting workshops for the human centered design principals and creation of the Aspirational Brief provided a Client functional brief aligned with Suncorp’s strategy.
- The challenges of budget constraints were resolved through effective use of the existing built form structures and incorporating into the design to balance the innovative solutions ensuring creativity and purpose for the space was not lost.
- A collaborative ‘test fit process’ during the concept design phase allowed us to deliver the space for 40% less than initial pre cost estimate satisfying our budget.
Suncorp wanted to create a space that would inspire the innovation for their new financial products and new platforms with partners and customers. Creating the innovation lab to reflect and align with Suncorp’s strategy required a heavy focus on engaging with subject matter experts to develop an Aspirational Brief.
The design team introduced ‘biophilic design’ (instinctive bond connecting humans with other living systems and surroundings) which we were able to replicate and develop spatial typologies for the concept design. These spatial typologies then created the following zones which enhanced the functionality and purpose of the lab environment including:
- Work Zones
- Breakout/ Presentation zones
- Multipurpose Collaboration Zones
- Briefing rooms
- Informal Meeting Areas